"Push-Fit" Press Fittings
UNIQUE PRESS FITTINGS FOR HEATING AND SANITARY INSTALLATIONS
The patented technology of the “ix...Press” press fitting is based on its steel sleeve, that grips the pipe, making it the only press-fitting without tools. The “ix...Press” sleeve is made from a heat-treated special steel alloy, that has a unique spring behaviour.
After inserting the pipe into the fitting, the small pink obstacle jumps out and the “ix...Press” sleeve starts compressing the pipe with total security, perfectly absorbing the dimensional changes that occur in the pipe.
The key characteristic of the “ix...Press” fixing sleeve is that its spring effect guarantees a lifetime waterproof connection, thanks to the constant pressing force that it is applying to the pipe, perfectly absorbing any possible fluctuation in the dimensions of the pipe.
The weak point of many other tool-free fittings is how they absorb the dimensional fluctuations of the pipe. In real life, the pipes never have the nominal dimensions, either because of the manufacturing tolerances, the norms permit up to 0.3mm of tolerance in the external diameter and up to another 0.3mm in the wall-thickness of the pipe, or because of the dimensional changes that the pipe suffers when functioning connected to the fitting, the well-known creep effect.
The “ix...Press” pressing sleeve perfectly absorbs the above-mentioned dimensional changes and guarantees a constant lifetime pressing force and, thus, the most secure connection. This fact makes the new “ix...Press” click fitting the safest one in the market and permits us to grant a 25 year guarantee, which is the longest one in the market.
For additional security the “ix...Press” fitting has a double conical security system that would bite the pipe firmly, blocking it, in case the pipe would start sliding out of the fitting.
Install in 3 steps...
- Calibrate the pipe with a calibrator that chamfers the pipe correctly.
- Push the pipe into the fitting.
- You can immediately proceed with the pressure test without any waits.
The “ix...Press” fitting system uses the best combination of materials, metals and plastics of the latest generations:
- High quality brass for the body of the fitting (according to the European Norm EN12165)
- A PPSU for the transparent part of the external cap
- Heat-treated special steel alloy for the gripping sleeve
- Ultrasonic welding for the connection of the two parts of the external cap
- EPDM for the o-rings
- PPSU for the double conical security system
- PE-RT for the guiding ring
- A blend of PPSU for the black part of the external cap